Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My sinuses are infected

I've been very sick for over a week now and haven't made much progress. I hate feeling like I'm wasting my time. My mind wanders, though, and my head hurts. The strange thing is I don't feel worried about the upcoming presentation. Two weeks isn't much time, but it's enough for what I need to get done.

Maybe I'll feel differently when the anti-biotics take effect.

I've been copying and pasting keyframes and posing characters. My characters still aren't 100% done, and I'll have to recopy/paste keys, but it feels good to see them animated anyway. My mind still reels at how hard this thesis stuff is. The funny thing is I have all these ideas for projects I want to pursue after I graduate. I'll most likely be doing these on my own.
Restart progress
Return to square A

I know I complain about rigging, but I keep thinking about what it would take to rig a belly dancer. Rigging may well be the death of me, but I'm not sure I can avoid it. Everyone has their own self-destructive tendencies, right? Rigging is mine. I guess it's better than smoking.
On the flip side, I'm loving the look development part of this project. I made some sexy-looking cobwebs earlier today. This is by far my favorite part of the process. Possibly even moreso than animating. It would be nice if my job title could be "Person that makes it look pretty"

I want to go to Eastern Europe and study animation there.

There's some spectacularly awful music coming from my roomate's computer.

I think I shall sleep now.

No comments: